Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Shop for Barack!



Not to get all political again, but if you're anything like me, you can hardly think of anything but politics these days anyway, so what's the harm? Anyway, if you're in the New York City/Brooklyn vicinity this Saturday, some friends are having a "SHOP FOR BARACK" stoop sale, selling lots of books, clothes, movies, furniture, toys, nick-knacks, bric-a-brac, and, if the flyer is to be believed, grapes, all to raise money for the home stretch of the Obama-Biden campaign. TONS of people are donating stuff to the sale, so it should be a really good selection, and of course it's for a good cause. It's worth mentioning here because, in addition to some used books and things, I'll also be donating iron-on t-shirt transfers of that Obama '08 graphic I made a while back. It's cheaper and easier than selling actual t-shirts, because they're one-size-fits-all so you don't have to worry about keeping various sizes in stock. Just iron directly on to your favorite plain t-shirt.

Anyway, if you're in the area, stop by 44 Tompkins place in Brooklyn—I think it'll be starting up around 11 AM or thereabouts. (If you're not in the area but want a t-shirt transfer anyway, email me and I'll see what I can do... I imagine I'll have a bunch left over after Saturday.)

No comments: