Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Stagecoach!

Hey, it looks like we've announced our May titles, including the first (or second, I guess) of the three favorites I mentioned the other day: John Ford's Stagecoach!



I'll give this a proper design-y post closer to the actual release date, but for now I'll just mention how much I love this movie! Uniformly great characters, surprisingly intense action, and just incredibly fun to watch, start to finish. I always thought of myself as more a Clint Eastwood guy than a John Wayne guy, but this totally turned me around--and, incidentally, started a whole Western kick around our house for a while. I *might* still give The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence the nod as the best Wayne/Ford movie, but Stagecoach is damn close!

7 comments:

rico said...

That letterpress look is KILLER!

Alphonse said...

I was going to comment on what Rico said.

There's definitely some debossing going on so I immediately thought letterpress inspired too.

Can you spill the beans on if you're doing anything special print wise? It would be great as a digi-pak. Too bad you stopped doing them for the blu-rays.

Eric Skillman said...

That's actually meant to evoke a silkscreen/letterpress-style look where the inks are laid down by hand and so the registration is slightly off, rather than any kind of fake emboss/deboss effect. But thanks for the kind words nonetheless, Alphonse!

Nothing particularly special planned for the packaging at the moment, though I agree this could have looked great printed on board. I do love our digis, but the extra cost is tough to justify on a regular basis...

Robert Goodin said...

Really, really gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Max Gray said...

You've really outdone yourself on this one. The type! The colors! The tempered excitement of balance!

How can I get this on a poster? My wall yearns for Stagecoach!

Unknown said...

Great cover for a fantastic film!

Though I'd have to point to The Searchers as my favorite Ford/Wayne collaboration.