Friday, February 20, 2009

EGG on sale in NYC

Exciting (I hope) news for those of you in the New York area: EGG is now available for purchase at local comics retailers!!

As of today, there should be copies for sale at Jim Hanley's Universe on 33rd st, Forbidden Planet at Union Square, and Rocketship on Smith st in Brooklyn. Each store has a self-published/minicomic section, and I assume they'll be racking the books there, but don't hesitate to ask somebody if you don't see them right away. They're only $4 each, which, for 25 story pages in full color, ain't a bad deal. Stop by and pick one up, then, if you like, drop me a line (design [at] ericskillman [dot] com) to let me know what you think--I'm very interested in feedback!



Coming soon: online sales!

EDIT: Available now at Indyplanet.com!

3 comments:

2depaus said...

Hey Eric,
You don't know me, I'm a studio mate of Jorge (Coelho) and I just wanted to congratulate you on the effort of putting this comic together.

Jorge let us guys on our studio in on the whole process as it was happening and we could tell he was having a blast working with you on this.

Stick with him, his talent is only proportional to his heart and love for the medium.

I hope this book goes places and allows you to dream higher still.

Take care,
Ricardo

Eric Skillman said...

Ricardo--

I agree 100%, Jorge is a great talent and I'm lucky to be working with him! I was astounded at the level of detail and care that went into his pages, and he was so wonderfully engaged with the story, suggesting changes and added details that really made the whole thing come together. It's fantastic to have such talented collaborators to make me look good!

Your stuff is beautiful, too, by the way--you've got a great Nathan Fox/Geoff Darrow thing going on. Thanks for the kind words!!

--Eric

2depaus said...

Thanks, but I have a long way to get to their level. 2008 was the year I finally decided to get moving in terms of comics and there's a lot of kinks to work out, but I'm getting there. It's still a huge compliment though. :)

Hope everything goes well for Egg and your subsequent projects.

Cheers