Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's that time again... (MoCCA 2010)



The 2010 MoCCA Art Festival is this coming weekend, and once again I'll have a table set up, selling my comics and prints. In addition to most of the comics and prints I've sold at past shows, this year's MoCCA will feature a bunch of exciting new comic stuff:

--EGG: Hard Boiled Stories #2,* featuring 3 crime stories drawn by three fantastic artists: "Cold Feet" drawn by Evan Bryce, "Lost & Found" drawn by Ming Doyle, and "The Platform" drawn by Victor Kerlow. (If you already purchased the old minicomic versions of either "Lost & Found" or "Cold Feet" that I've had at previous shows, remind me of that and I'll give you a discount on EGG #2)

--"Dental Hygiene and Secret Identities," a new kid-friendly/humor/silent/autobigraphical minicomic written by me and drawn by the amazing Rachel Friere.

--"The Deserter," another departure for me, an action-packed mini about a demon living amongst regular folks, drawn by the great Dan Duncan.

--Hopefully one more minicomic, "Sense Memory," assuming we can get it finished in time, illustrated by the talented Jeff Faerber.

--And if you ask nicely, I may even give you a sneak peek of a few of Jhomar Soriano's gorgeous pages for the coming-soon-from-Top-Shelf-Productions Liar's Kiss.

So if you're anywhere near New York this weekend, come on by the 69th Regiment Armory between 12 and 6 this Saturday or Sunday, and say hi! Admission is a low low $12 ($20 for both days), and for that money you get not just me (exciting as that will surely be), but also such greats as Jaime Hernandez, David Mazzucchelli, Frank Miller, Paul Pope, Kyle Baker, Kate Beaton, Al Jaffe, R. Sikoryak, and literally hundreds more!

*By the way, if you're not able to make it to NYC, but happen to live in the San Francisco or New Orleans areas, I recently sold some copies of EGG #1 & 2 to Comix Experience and Crescent City Comics, so ask for 'em there! Or for the rest of the country, there's always Indyplanet...

EDIT: MoCCA-goers may also appreciate this restaurant guide.

No comments: