Friday, March 9, 2007

Welcome!

Good design should speak for itself. Like a joke, if you have to explain why it works, then it probably doesn’t. But that doesn’t mean it’s can’t be interesting to see how things come together.

I love process stories. There’s just something really fun about getting to peek behind the curtain and see the rejected sketches and paths not taken. I’m not arrogant enough to suggest that anyone’s been crying out for this or that I have anything to teach the world, but hopefully someone will at least get a kick out of seeing some of the tangents on the way to the finished product. Plus, every designer must have a file of rejected comps they always thought were better than whatever eventually got printed, and I’m no exception, so this is my chance to prove all those editors, producers and art directors wrong! (Or, more likely, come to terms with the fact that they were right all along.)

So if you find any of this even a little bit interesting, say hi in the comments! I’d love to know if anyone’s reading this thing!

3 comments:

Harri said...

Looking forward to any upcoming posts. Your recent contribution to "On Five" was fascinating.

Eric Skillman said...

Hey thanks! I got a little distracted in the process of launching this thing, but I should be up and running now. I hope the newer posts are interesting, too.

Andrew Simone said...

India linked to you over at clusterflock. I am definitely looking forward to more (particularly if it is like what I see).