Monday, June 25, 2007

Long time no see...

I've clearly been delinquent about updating this site. But don't worry, I haven't run out of things to say yet (I've still got at least five or six decent designs to talk about before I really start scraping the barrel...), I've just been swamped with work. Which is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but if anything's going to suffer, it's probably going to be this blog. So, sorry!

In my defense, I'm currently working on three (or six, if you count the three that are in their editorial loops now) major Criterion projects, a couple book covers, an assortment of ads and newsletters and such, a wedding invitation for some friends of mine, and the early stages of a very cool project I'm not even going to hint at for fear of jinxing it. I don't think the latest Criterion projects are announced yet, so I probably shouldn't say anything about them, but since you've all been so patient I'll give you a sneak peek of the amazing illustration Bill Seinkiewicz did for Robinson Crusoe on Mars:



I'll try to get a legit post up here this week sometime...

5 comments:

MacGuffin said...

Wow, I love it. I'm a huge Sienkiewicz fan. Now if only you could find something for Chris Ware or Dan Clowes to do or perhaps Charles Burns. Just selfish suggestions. There's something wonderful when you have two of your favorite worlds(comics & movies) come together.

Eric Skillman said...

...or David Mazzucchelli or Paul Pope or Eddie Campbell or Dave McKean or Jill Thompson or Jordan Crane or Tara McPhearson or Brian Bolland or Eduardo Risso... believe me, I've got a wish list a mile long, and just as "selfish."

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Adrian Tomine! How perfect would his work be for an Antonioni cover?

Anonymous said...

Love it! Would be great to have it in 1600 X 1200 for wallpaper design for The Criterion Dungeon.

MacGuffin said...

Ha, yeah, there are literally hundreds. The trick is knowing when to use them. I thought Green For Danger and Divorce Italian Style were brilliant examples of the appropriate when, though I have to say I would've never thought of it in the first place.